If you would like to help us bring Elena home...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Last Surgery....hopefully

(Ben writing)
So the decision has been made. No turning back now. No second guessing.

Kristen went in for testing a couple of weeks ago, and the results were good...no pulmonary hypertension which is another one of the many miracles we have experienced. Yesterday, the doctor called to give us the news and then asked the magic question, "So it is up to you. Do you want to take the filter out or leave it in?" Our answer, we decided to take it out. The doctor agreed with our decision.

We started talking about scheduling the surgery and Kristen said that she wanted to wait until after she graduated in May, but the doctor wants to do it soon. Right now, the surgery is scheduled for Wednesday. It should be fairly quick, 40 minute surgery, 1 hour recovery, then back to the house.